- Avoiding Scams During The Holidays
- How Aging Affects Our Feet
- Stress Management- Healthy Habits
- Supporting a Healthy Heart
- Living Healthy With Diabetes
- Mental Health & Companionship
- Holiday Stress Management
- Senior Safety and Preparedness
- Starting the Conversation
- Senior Care is a Family Issue
- Types of Home Care
- Paying for Care
- Legal Considerations
- Frequently Asked Questions
Comfort Keepers Senior Care Services On Legal Considerations And Obligations
Organizing senior care services in Annapolis, MD
Few of us relish the thought of paperwork and form filling. Even so, the more organized seniors and families are the easier life becomes for all parties. This short article by Comfort Keepers of Annapolis, MD, looks at practical ways to plan. Life is much smoother with a little preparation. This way you're ready if the time comes when you need senior care services or other types of elderly support.
It's not the purpose of this piece to get into too many details. After all, no two people or their situations are ever the same. What we can do is highlight the legal considerations and resources.
Preparing The Paperwork
Legal obligations often need official bits of paper to administer various procedures. Most of us have these documents somewhere. If you don’t, it's possible to get copies from the appropriate authorities. Here are the main papers that Annapolis' seniors will want to keep in a safe place:
- Birth certificate, marriage license
- Health and life insurance policies
- Sources of income and assets
- Medical documents, e.g., name of your doctor, medical history, etc.
- Senior care services reports
- Mortgage papers
- Military discharge papers, social security records
- Will & Trust documents, funeral pre-arrangements
Comfort Keepers advises seniors of Annapolis, MD, to have their financial records in order too. This includes bank statements, credit card details, loan papers, and any safe deposit boxes. Others may be investment records, recent income tax returns, and any special arrangements for health care. The latter may also include advance directives.
Some of you will already have your papers and legal considerations organized. We know from experience, though, that many seniors are not as prepared as they think they are. If this is you, well, it's never too late to get your house in order.
Help From Comfort Keepers Senior Care Services
Contact us if it all seems overwhelming or you need a little guidance on where to start. You can call the number below to arrange a free consultation in-home care planning. One of our friendly care coordinators will help you and your loved ones to make better sense of it all. Having your paperwork in order makes life easier and you only have to do it once.
You can reach us any time that's convenient to you at (855) 205-1382.
Loving Care For Seniors in Annapolis, MD
and the Surrounding Areas
Offering a full range of in home companionship and personal care services to support independent senior living
at home on throughout Maryland
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE IN-HOME CONSULTATION!
One of our caregivers will contact you shortly.